Sunday, February 10, 2013

This Week In Review

Hey Gators!
Thank you to everyone who has been so interested in my blog. We have had over 2,500 viewers since the inception of the Bonarrigo for President blog. I thought I would write a week in review post today so you all see what I have been doing and how much Swamp Party is doing.

Our campaign has numerous positions ranging from Spokesperson to Chief Strategist. All of our executive members have been hard at work putting on events and going to student organization meetings to make sure everyone's voices are heard in our platform. Platform generation is something unique and special to Swamp Party where we scour campus to gain feedback from students on what they want to see improved or added to our campus. If you have any additional ideas that you may not have given us go to our website and Submit an Idea!

This week I have been hard at work attending meetings ranging from Women Organizations to Collegiate Veterans. As one of the founders of Aim Higher, a student initiative aimed at fighting tuition increases, we held a pep rally this past Wednesday at Turlington Plaza where we had students fill out post cards that will be brought to the State Capitol and signed petitions to show their support for Aim Higher. It was exciting to meet with so many students who share the same sentiments as I do about tuition and how we can not take another hike in tuition this next year. I even had some time to surprise my sister on Thursday at her softball game against my High School, Spruce Creek.

Campaigning is not just serious business; there needs to be some fun stuff! We took our candidates photo thanks to John Parady Photography by the "This Is The Swamp..." side of the stadium. I may be a little biased but it looks pretty awesome.



Some things to look out for this upcoming week:
  1. I will be campaigning this week across campus, so stop by if you have any ideas or things you would like to see me fight for.
  2. We will be announcing our official platform! 
  3. There will be a debate between both parties hosted by FLC/BSU/HSA on Wednesday. Check out Facebook for more information!
  4. Watch Harlem Shake  for a preview of what might happen this week.... 

Go Gators! 


reg.pol.ad.j.michaels 

No comments:

Post a Comment