Friday, February 8, 2013

Proud to be a female candidate



Women in our society have come so far. The 1920s brought forth the Nineteenth Amendment, allowing women to vote, and the Civil Rights Act outlawed the discrimination in employment because of race or gender. But now more than ever before, women are becoming key figures in our world. Hillary Clinton, Oprah and even Madonna have opened doors for women all over the world.
As a female candidate for student body president, I am excited for the chance to become one of these influential women. If elected, I will be only the fifth female student body president that UF student government has had in its 104 years. I am also proud to have Joselyn Rivas as the Swamp Party's candidate for vice president, making us the first ever female ticket at UF.
We, women as a whole, have earned our way into society, and I am proud to have the opportunity to, like many other women before me, make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment